Some men look at constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, … too sacred to be touched. They ascribe to … the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment. … I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions … But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes … more enlightened, … discoveries … made, new truths disclosed, and … opinions change … institutions must advance … and keep pace with the times.
Most Recently Added
- Why are The Stoneman Douglas Students So Good At This? Their School Actually Educated Them. (3/4/2018) - “The students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School returned to class Wednesdaymorning two weeks and moral centuries after a tragic ... Continue Reading
- Trump’s former White House adviser coincidentally sold off all of his steel-related stocks last week (3/3/2018) - On Thursday white supremacist in chief Donald Trump annoucned that he would be announcing tariffs on steel and aluminum sometime soon. ... Continue Reading
- Krugman: Congratulations America, You’ve Been Scammed. (3/3/2018) - So you go out for dinner with a wealthy acquaintance. “I’ll take care of everything,” he says, and orders you ... Continue Reading
- By their works shall ye know them | AC Grayling | Opinion | The Guardian (1/31/2018) - “Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it” Voltaire When the faithful of any faith ... Continue Reading
- How Facebook May Have Destroyed Our Democracy—For Good (10/15/2017) - The Russians simply applied the techniques they’d already been using on their own citizens to the 2016 American presidential campaign, ... Continue Reading
No more "Home" content.
Nothing relevant found in other sections.